Product:Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology
Age: The Notebooking Journal is for grades 3/4 and older. The Jr. Notebooking Journal is for K-2/3.
About: Apologia is one of my most favorite all in one curriculums. I was very excited to get to review yet another great set they have, Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology. We got the entire set which included the following:
- Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology Text
- Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology Junior Notebooking Journal
- Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology Notebooking Journal
- Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology MP3 Audio CD
It is a great set that allows you to teach multiply grade levels all at the same time. Since you can match the Notebooking journal to the grade level that works best for your child everyone is learning at their correct level. The journals are already lined out with a schedual that will be enough for all years worth of science for you. There are four to seven assignments per lesson with at least two lessons per week. There is an audio disk that comes with this. If you don’t want to read the book you can listen to it. This would also work for road schooling. Or for children that don’t read as well. They can listen to the disk as the follow along in the book. There are lots of amazing experiments to do in the book. One is the edible cell. I remember making this in school myself. I did a cake using all kinds of candies for each part of the cell. So we of course did the same thing, but ate it before we could even get a picture haha. The notebook has scripture copy work to do for each lesson, vocabulary crosswords, and more suggested experiments. It gives a space to create notes and interesting things your child has learned through each lesson. But done in fun ways. The jr notebook is similar but the puzzles and diagrams are more simple to do. Once again Apologia does it all to lay out your lessons so you can grab and go. The only prep work needed is on days you wish to do the experiments, you would need to gather or purchus the things to do those ahead of time. I love this for busy moms and those that are schooling several and don’t have the time to plan all lessons out. However it would be easy to do your own lesson plans with it as well if you wished.
We had loads of fun learning about the body. I like how the journal goes along with the text and gives them something to do, even if it is just coloring for the younger ones. It is a great way to learn about the body and have fun while doing so. We used this with my kids that range from 9-13.
Don’t forget to check Apologia out on social media as well as see what my fellow crew mates and their families had to say about the curriculum.
Social Media Links:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/apologiaworld Tag: @apologiaworld
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/apologiaworld Tag: @apologiaworld
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/apologia/ Tag: @apologia
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/apologiaworld Tag: @apologiaworld
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/105053356034237782125
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/apologiaworld