Saturday, August 15, 2015

Could you live in a tiny home?

My current home stands about 550 Sq ft. I'm working on an addition to it but having issues sealing where the floor meets the walls.
I will soon have 5 children in this home. My last house in GA was 1600 Sq ft. Thst was the biggest home I ever lived in. It had two living areas! What does someone do with two living areas? It was so much house and we had so much bare space it was crazy.
Sometimes I want more space, ya know when kids are upstairs playing and it still sounds like they are right next to you. Or like when you are trying to cook and someone comes to get a drink and you have to weave in and out of each others paths to make it to get to the fridge.
However, it keeps us close. The utilities are cheap. Most of all it gets us motivated to spend more time outside in nature when Mama Earth isn't having any kind of temperamental weather.
Do you think you could spend your life with your family in a home smaller than 700sq ft? Or I think the true tiny house is 400 Sq ft or less. One think about an A frame is the walls are not very supported of shelving so you have to get creative on storing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment