Thursday, August 10, 2017

Relationship Memes


Relationship goal memes are all the rage on Facebook these days. The response to them are generally mixed with love and hate. Some people in this world have been lucky enough to find the love of their life, who treats them like royalty. You also have some that have lived in the dungeons of hell and couldn't imagine anything more. As most of my readers know I am one of the latter. I had been abused for many years before I was able to get away. Things still are not easy and those fears always loom in the back of your mind. The above meme is one I always see and I always pray that I will experience. 

Though it is hard to learn you will see that only you can love yourselves that much. I am never going to find anyone that will heal me. No one will ever be so magical that my world instantly goes perfect. I am damaged from my past so I have to heal myself. Well it is going to take a lot of Jesus too. I do hope that my partner in life will be by my side cheering me on with my battle. That is all I could ask for. 

So if you need your broken pieces to stick back together, you need to pull out some self hugs. Love yourself and know that you are good enough and worthy of the world. When you do you will be able to strive and choose a better mate and you will also not settle for less than the best because you know how to make yourself happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment