Friday, April 12, 2013

Time4Learning Review


I was given the chance to review the Time4Learning online curriculum for my 1st and 2nd graders.  This is pretty much an all-in-one box set but on the computer.  They utilize every subject and have games to go along with the work.  This made learning a bit more fun than just looking at worksheet pages all day long.  The program also grades and keeps track of all of your information, which is great for those of you that have to keep plans, grades, and attendance.  It is better than using the online public school program because you still have more freedom on what your teaching and when, as you can pick through the things on there.  It also allows you to get access to the grades above and below what your child is in so that they can work at their pace.  This was a great perk for me as my 2nd grader is already well into 3rd grade math and my 1st grader still is having issues reading so she got some of the behind work to work on.

The lessons are quick to work through so the kids do not get board.  It is really great if you have a child that works well on their own like my 2nd grader.  I am able to let her at it and then I can log on to the parent portal and see what she has done, how well she done it, as well as how long it took her.  This lets me see if I need to work with her extra anywhere.  

This is a program that you can use for your full on curricula or you can use it to supplement areas that you want.  The kids are able to log on and pick what subject they want to work on as well as what part of that subject they want.  This helped like in math if we were tired of subtraction we could move over to fractions for awhile and go back. 

Over all this is a great program and I think it would be great to continue using as a full on curricula.

Now through April 30, 2013 you can try your first month for only $9.98 per child.  Their is no contract and you can cancel at any time.  The normal price is $19.95 for the first child and $14.95 for each child after.  Not a bad deal for what you get. 

Disclaimer- I was given a 30 day free trial in return for my honest opinion of the program.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you had a great trial of Time4Learning! We have used it for 5 years and love it! What a homeschooling lifesaver for us!
    Happy Homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete