Saturday, March 11, 2017

Child with SPD

As I am sitting here on the couch working on my blog I notice my son is different.  I mean I KNOW he is since he has SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder).  However he has always just been Micah to me.  I really don't notice the weird things that he does until someone points them out to me as he has always done them.  

So back to sitting here he is playing with my hair.  I start thinking back to when he was just a newborn, he has always had a hair fetish.  I have always been a co-sleeper with all my kids, and Kiya has the curly blond locks!  Micah used to scoot himself around of a night till he could get a handful of hair.  We would wake up and his fingers were always caught into her hair.  Funny thing is if he didn't have hair he wouldn't sleep.  When I started cosmetology school I would take my doll head and lay it next to him during a nap or so I could get out of bed.  It kept him content and asleep.

The obsession didn't stop there though.  As I sit here and notice him playing with my hair and seeing he uses my hair as his lovey.  None of my kids ever got stuck on any type of lovey except him!  He picked my hair of all things.
Sorry for the mess up in the middle of it, not sure why that happened.

This is how he does me all of the time.  He needs to have my hair at some part of his day to just do as he wishes.  Sometimes it is pulling it and he gets upset because I take my hair away.  I still need to learn more about SPD so that I can fully understand my strange little man.

Do your kids have any strange habits?

4 comments:

  1. One of my friend's children has SPD. I'm going to share your post with her. I'm sure she can relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video. My daughter has SPD and is a seeker. She runs into things, has no fear but can't swing hi at the park. She loves uses weighted blankets, has issues with her sheets and sleeps with as much light as she can. Everyday can be an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Micah has a camo weighted blanket that I made for him. He LOVES it. Though I made it with fleece since it was on sale for $2 for the amount I needed, it is not holding up well. I am going to have to make him a new one. I also want to be able to find poly-fill so I can wash it as well since I used rise in baggies all taped up. lol

      Delete
  3. I have a couple of friends that have kids with SPD. Their world is a little different but often so much fun. Cute post!

    ReplyDelete