Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August is coming to an end!

I must say this month has been a tornado. We started back to school this month. Which put lots of work on OCD mama trying to make sure we had everything and had things ready to jump right in.  But we made it through, still trying to eat into a routine though.

This month has also been full of appointments. We found out we are having a baby boy! This excited Micah and he told us he already knew. The girls wanted a girl but decided that having another boy would give Micah someone to play with and leave them alone. We also have had many dentist appointments for us all. Everyone got their teeth cleaned and now some are getting those dreadful fillings. Though I must applaud our dentist office because they are a great support for me being the only person who keeps my kids. We are all allowed to go back and they allow them to watch things. When I had my teeth cleaned and scrapped for tarter build up the kids got in my face and watched as they explained everything they were doing! How's that for a lesson on teeth!! 

We also had a more serious appointment for Kiya. She is seven years old and still struggles with paying attention and its really made her fall behind in her reading. After trying everything that I knew how; diet, curriculum, glasses, and tutor programs, I had her evaluated for ADD. Well she has it and a behavior disorder which I think that this point is just her release for her frustrations of not being able to focus and learn like the others. So she was given a script and though I have been hesitant to try it I will be having it filled today and giving it a go. We are a natural family and don't generally do meds or anything so this is a huge step. Though after lots of prayer and thinking I cannot allow my daughter to suffer because of something I don't like if it will help her. I it doesn't I don't have to continue giving it to her either. 

I pray September brings us progress and some fun learning. I pray God continues to bless us at the new church we found. I pray that we can enjoy the last of the warm weather before fall hits us and we get smacked with all the holidays and the new baby coming to change our world. I also thank God for how far he has gotten us as well.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your baby boy!!And I hope the dx for your dd is helpful to you and allows you the answers you need for her to continue to grow! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news on another little boy! Praying for a healthy, easy pregnancy. Praying for your daughter. Praying that you will have wisdom and discernment to know quickly if the meds are helping or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the newest addition. I'm struggling with my son who is 7 but is becoming somewhat violent and I wonder if he doesn't need more than I can give.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, That is how my daughter has become. She used to be the sweetest of all my kids. She was so mild tempered and nothing bothered her. She now gets violently mad at any little thing (like her sibling walking in front of the tv to get to the other side of the room). So I am hoping that the meds work but if they don't we will stop and try a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your baby boy! I will pray for your daughter as well. We're a natural family, too, but sometimes medication is the answer. I do pray for God's guidance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at the sweet new one! We start school next week. Luckily Poppa is home for the first day!

    ReplyDelete