Thursday, June 19, 2014

Tasty Thursday

Ok I know tasty is supposed to be on Tuesday but I couldn't wait to share my treats!

I made some wonderful homemade salsa! Kid approved I might add!

1 yellow bell pepper
2 green bell peppers
1 banana pepper
2 large tomatoes
1/2 an onion
1-2 teaspoons of salt (pretty much to your liking really)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ( u can use fresh but I didn't have any)
Couple shakes of pepper
You can also add a jalepeno and I do this for the adult version but the kids generally are not a fan.

Blend it all in a food chopper. Tastes better if you chill for awhile to let the flavors blend together.

Next I made some guacamole. I tried some a couple nights ago, it was ok but could have been better. So today I made it again and changed it up instead of following all the other recipes out there.


2-3 large avocados. (I used 2 and 1/2 because that's what I had left but it wouldn't hurt to use 3 full ones)
1 small lime
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Couple shakes of salt and pepper
Then 3 tablespoons of my homemade salsa ( you could just use some tomatoe instead or bought salsa)

Blend in food chopper and squirt like juice into the mix and blend until smooth.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment