Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Learning

It is hot out! That means we are spending a lot of time in the nice cool library reading books. Our library had an awesome reading program going on right now that has incentives for reading. The kids have already earned coupons for several free snacks from several places in town. They have loved the ice cream on these hot days.


Do you school all year? Do you go full force in Summer like you do the rest of the year? We tend to school all the time. There is always something to learn! Though we do tend to relax a bit in the summer and do more real life learning. We are able to get outside more and explore the world around us unlike when we are stuck in the house in the winter. We do keep some curricula in the mix to keep them on key with structure so they do not get lazy or backtrack in their learning for the new year.

I do have a request for my readers though... I am looking for a bet simple yet effective reading program. I preferred it not be online though. I have tried Hooked on Phonics as well as Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.  Both were a fail for my very reluctant reader. I think something with pictures to help context words would be great and keep her interest. If you have any recommendations please let me know as we'll a links to buy if possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment