Saturday, October 13, 2012

Homeschool Change

So I moved from Georgia to Missouri. The law in Georgia is you have to count 180 days of homeschooling a year. Now in Missouri I have to count out 1000 hours of homeschool with 400 being of the core subjects. Why does every state have to be so different? We learn every day all day long! So in reality we could hit 1000 hours quick. My frustration is how in the world do you chart hours? We go on a trip in the car something may pop up for a lesson. We maybe in the store shopping and we get into a lesson on greater than and less than on prices. States are so funny on how they want to keep tabs on us homeschoolers. I do have to say I am very thankful to be in a state now where we do not have to participate in state testing. Now to figure out how to chart our hours....any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment