Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What's that Wednesday?



So I always get the question of what is for dinner. It seems to be a Facebook game of sorts to get ideas or give ideas I think. However when I say corn cakes people are like what?!

I seriously can not be the only person to know what these are. It was something we always has growing up. I am sure my family didn't invent them or anything but we sure ate them a lot. It was a nice change of pace from a pancake and went well with anything we had for dinner. They are very filling so I am sure back in the poorer days that's why we had them a lot.

You know those foods that always bring back memories from your childhood? Corn cakes make me remember grabbing them and running outside blowing it so I could chomp it down and keep playing. 

So today I share with you how to make them. I dare you to splurge a little on the healthy eating and try a wonderful southern side.

2 cups cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup of water (more or less depending on consistency)

Mix all the ingredients, should be a little thickish, soupy like pancake batter. Then fry in a little oil (coconut oil works too) until golden on each side.

You can also add a but of honey if you like a sweater flavor. I make my cornbread sweet do corn cakes are good sweeter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment