Saturday, October 4, 2014

Changing the Path


Sometimes when we look back at our path we have made in life we see some cuts we may not like. As I have laid awake in bed the last few nights,with much on my mind, I have reflected on those paths. It seems I would get a good path started and in order to please someone I would make a cut in that path. Then I think back on those times and every time I try to please someone besides myself havoc is brought in. 

Matthew 6:14-15 NIV

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.


After lots of prayer and talking with God this last few weeks I have re-devoted myself to him. I will no longer do things to please others but to please him. I hae followed others leads so no one would get mad at me and in turn I made life worse for myself. Recently the devil presented himself in my life and made a huge "war" with some of the people I love the most. While I know everyone envoled was hurt, I can't stop hearing God tell me it was the devils doing. The devil likes to sneak in and break people apart. If he can isolate you he thinks he can have you. Well I have been isolated enough!! He will not win with me. All I can do is pray the other people in my family can search deep enough to seek God and his word. 

2 corinthians 2:5-8 NIV

If anyone has caused grief, he has not so much grieved me as he has grieved all of you to some extent—not to put it too severely. The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient. Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him.


With all that I have also decided to change my path in school. I am going to get my degree in Physcology. I want I be able to work in the mental health world. People in this world do not understand mental health and they brush it off like it is not real! Or that it can't make people say and do the things they do. In reality mental health is as serious as cancer or dementia.

Luke 17:3-4 NIV

So watch yourselves. “If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents forgive him. If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says , ‘I repent,’ forgive him.”


It is time I step forward and I follow what God has put in my heart. I may not have always been the best Christian but God loves me the same. He will listen to my cries and he will answer my calls the way he sees fit. I hope those in my life will understand that and seek peace in their heart through God as well. He is the only one that will get is to our final destination.

To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you. - C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment