Thursday, October 2, 2014

Preschoolers and Peace E-Book Review

Preschoolers and Peace Review
Preschoolers and Peace Review


Vendor:
Product:
Age: 
For Moms
Price: 
$2.99

About:
Preschoolers and Peace's book Preschoolers and Peace: Homeschooling older kids with success while loving the little ones at your feet was written by Kendra Fletcher.   Kendra has homeschooled 8 children, one of which has just graduated college. This book talks about planning a preschool day with a 2 year old.  This is an encouragement book to help show you that you can homeschool your older children at he same time as having a young one. The book has the following chapters:

What a Homeschooling Mom Needs 
Preparing Yourself to Homeschool Older Kids With Little Ones Underfoot
 Planning Around Preschoolers 
How Do I Keep Them Busy? 
What Does a 2-Year-Old’s Day Look Like? 
How Do I Get Any Preschooling Done? 
How Not to Just Kill Time
 Circle Time: Or How We Pull the Little Ones In 
Preschool Boys 
When All of Your Kiddos Are Preschoolers 
Preschool Chores 
Planning for Preschool 
When Mama is Worn Out (or Pregnant) 
Meal Planning 101 

Thoughts:
Reading a book from a mom who has been there, and more times than I have, was a blessing.  Many times when I read something from someone I feel they are just giving text book answers or ideas.  It is really hard to find the truth out there and get answers from someone that has actually done it and done it with several kids. Kendra talks about a schedule being the biggest help, but the schedule is more routine. I have to agree with her, small children thrive on a routine.  If they know what to expect everyday they will get used to it.  This is where I fall short though.  I live by the seat of my pants and I know that is what makes it harder for me to deal with teaching my kids and trying to keep the baby occupied. Another key is circle time, this is something we do.  I try to do as much as a whole family as we can.  If I can do one subject with everyone we are in heaven.  Plus reading books together is fun for us all and allows us to to activities together over the book.  Then of course you must have Christ in your heart.  If it wasn't for Christ pushing me to homeschool I would never survive.  I have tried several times to put my children in public school and each time something has made it impossible.  I know this is the work of him and telling me that it is my job to teach them, not the school.

This was a great easy read.  I suggest any mom schooling more than one kid read this no matter their age.  I think there are things that everyone could benefit from it. We all can use tips in how to wrangle the kids at school time, and this book gave some great ones.



Check Preschoolers and Peace on Social Media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PreschoolersandPeace
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KendraEFletcher
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/kenj/
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+KendraFletcher/posts
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/preschoolersandpeace

Click to read Crew Reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment